I am an acoustic engineer specialized in computational acoustics, audio signal processing, and acoustical measurements in field and in laboratory.
I am doing research on the numerical simulation of the human voice, and on the design and experimental testing of parametric acoustic arrays (loudspeakers made of ultrasound transducers). Also interested in the acoustic black hole effect applied to ducts and plates, room acoustics and environmental acoustics. Teaching calculus and experimental acoustics courses.
I am currently a lecturer and a researcher in acoustics at La Salle Campus Barcelona – Universitat Ramon Llull, and in charge of the Acoustics Lab of the same university. Also member of the Human-Environment Research (HER) group, in the research line on acoustics.
I was born in Barcelona, 1985.
My main research interests include the numerical simulation of the human voice with a particular interest in the vocal tract acoustic modelling using Finite Element Methods, the design and experimental testing of parametric arrays to generate audible sound from ultrasonic modulated beams, and the application of acoustic black holes in ducts and mufflers. I also like the acoustics of small rooms and to disseminate the importance of noise control by doing soundwalks.
- Voice production modelling
- Vocal tract acoustics
- Articulatory speech synthesis
- Computational acoustics and aeroacustics
- Finite element method
- Ultrasounds (in air)
- Parametric acoustic arrays
- Omnidirectional parametric loudspeaker
- Acoustic black holes
- Acoustic black holes for anechoic terminations in tubes
I hold a five year degree in Telecommunications Engineering, with a specialization on Image and Sound (2009), a MSc in Networks and Telecommunications Engineering (2010), and a PhD in Acoustic Engineering (2015), all earned at La Salle, Universitat Ramon Llull.
- 2015 – PhD in Acoustic Engineering, La Salle, Universitat Ramon LLull. (20 February 2015).
- 2010 – MSc in Networks and Telecommunication Engineering, La Salle, Universitat Ramon LLull.
- 2009 – 3+2 year degree in Telecommunication Engineering, with a specialization on Image and Sound. La Salle, Universitat Ramon LLull.
- 2009 – Six year professional degree in music education, with a specialization on piano, Conservatori Municipal de Música de Barcelona.
- 2022 – Merits of research (Six-year period of research 2016-2021) granted by AQU Catalunya, License 6TF4456KL (1a Convocatòria AAI Contractat (2022) per conveni-Avaluació), 13/12/2022.
- 2018 – Tenured assistant professor granted by AQU Catalunya, License 5YQW0LL1W (1a Convocatòria Agregat (2018)), 13/12/2018.
- 2016 – Merits of research (Six-year period of research 2010-2015) granted by AQU Catalunya, License 9S3XR52Z (1a Convocatòria AAI Contractat (2016): URL), 07/12/2016
- 2015 – Tenure-track lecturer granted by AQU Catalunya, Licence 7NVPC2N8Q (2a Convocatòria Lector (2015)- Extraordinària), 15/10/2015
- Orcid: 0000-0003-1510-8519 [Link]
- Researcher ID: I-2644-2015 [Link]
- Scopus author ID: 55652694500 [Link]
Grants and awards
- Best contribution award in 9th International Electronic Conference on Sensors and Applications 2022
- Best PhD thesis award in Iberspeech 2016 (Lisbon, Portugal)
- ISCA grant for Iberspeech 2016 (Lisbon, Portugal)
- EAA Best paper and presentation award for young researchers in Forum Acusticum 2014 (Krakow, Poland).
- EAA grant for Forum Acusticum 2014 (Krakow, Poland). The grant includes free registration to the congress.
- BE-DGR-2013 grant. Predoctoral mobility grant from the government of Catalonia for 6 months (2013).
- FI-DGR-2012 grant. Predoctoral grant from the government of Catalonia for 3 years of research (2012-2015)
Organizing and scientific committees in conferences
- 2023 – Forum acusticum 2023 – Co-organizer of the structured session “A12-12 Directivity of sources and receivers I” within the theme A12 Room Acoustics. Session shared with “A21-03 Directivity of Sources and Receivers II” within the the A21 Virtual Acoustics theme.
- 2021 – Interspeech 2021 – Reviewer.
- 2018 – 6th Conference on Noise and Vibration Emerging Methods (NOVEM 2018). Member of the Local Organizing Comittee.
- 2017 – Interspeech 2017 – Reviewer and Co-organizer of the special session entitled “State of the art in physics-based voice simulation”.
- IEEE/ACM Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing
- Journal of Sound and Vibration
- Journal of the Acoustical Society of America
- Acta acustica
- International Journal of Acoustics and Vibration
- Biomedical Signal Processing and Control
- Computer Speech & Language
- Journal of Voice
- Scientific Reports
- Frontiers in acoustics (review editor)