I am currently a lecturer and a researcher on acoustics within the GTM (Grup de recerca en Tecnologies Mèdia), at the Department of Engineering of La Salle, Universitat Ramon Llull.
I was born in Barcelona, Catalonia.
My main research interests include the numerical generation of voice with a particular interest in the vocal tract acoustic modelling using Finite Element Methods, the acoustics of ducts and mufflers, and the design and experimental testing of parametric arrays to generate audible sound from ultrasonic modulated beams.
Some research interests are the following:
- Vocal tract acoustics
- Voice production
- Articulatory speech synthesis
- Computational acoustics and aeroacustics
- Duct acoustics
- Parametric arrays
- Ultrasound transducers
I hold a five year degree in Telecommunications Engineering, with a specialization on Image and Sound (2009), a MSc in Networks and Telecommunications Engineering (2010), and a PhD in Computational Acoustics (2015), all earned at La Salle, Universitat Ramon Llull.
- 2015 – PhD in Computational Acoustics. La Salle, Universitat Ramon LLull. (20 February 2015).
- 2010 – MSc in Networks and Telecommunications Engineering. La Salle, Universitat Ramon LLull.
- 2009 – 3+2 year degree in Telecommunications Engineering, with a specialization on Image and Sound. La Salle, Universitat Ramon LLull.
- 2009 – Six year professional degree in music education, with a specialization on piano. Conservatori Municipal de Música de Barcelona.
- 2016 – Merits of research (Six-year period of research 2010-2015) granted by AQU Catalunya (License 9S3XR52Z-1ª Convocatòria AAI Contractat (2016):URL), 07/12/2016
- 2015 – Tenure-track lecturer granted by AQU Catalunya, Licence 7NVPC2N8Q (2a Convocatòria Lector 2015), 15/10/2015
Organizing and scientific committees in conferences
- 2018 – 6th Conference on Noise and Vibration Emerging Methods (NOVEM 2018). Member of the Local Organizing Comittee.
- 2017 – Interspeech 2017 – 18th Annual Conference of the International Speech Communication Association. Reviewer and Co-organizer of the special session entitled “State of the art in physics-based voice simulation”.
- Orcid: 0000-0003-1510-8519
- Researcher ID: I-2644-2015